A European project on cultural relations between Eastern and Western Europe
The East-West cultural narrative of Europe has always been nurtured by mutual fascination, various exchanges but also misunderstandings throughout the Cold War and continuing through the present day. Artists were and still are at the forefront of efforts to change perceptions between the two sides, connect people and introduce new ways of thinking and understanding one another.
“Trauma & Revival” offers an ambitious journey that showcases and reflects upon the ties between the East and the West during the Cold War and today. Between 2015 and 2018, six partners will engage one another in the interest of international cooperation, bringing together artists, intellectuals and citizens from across the continent. “Trauma & Revival” offers a stimulating platform to revisit a shared history, change today’s perceptions and imagine new forms of cultural dialogue. It echoes the current context in Europe. Through exhibitions, artist residencies, video programmes, workshops, conferences, roundtables, and a digital timeline, this project will raise meaningful questions about our current relationships in order to move towards a common future.
Ongoing and upcoming:
- Digital timeline available on Internet and mobile applications Google Play Store (Android) and Apple App Store (iOS)
- Residency programme at the Fondazione Pistoletto in Italy (September 2017)
- Video-art programme at Bunkier Sztuki in Poland (October – December 2017)
- Contemporary art exhibition travelling between KIM? Contemporary Art Centre in Riga, BOZAR in Brussels and Bunkier Sztuki in Krakow (April – December 2018)
- Publication following the conference « East-West cultural relations » at the University of Jyväskylä (2018)
- Final conference at BOZAR in Brussels (Autumn 2018)
Follow the project on Facebook: www.facebook.com/traumarevival/