AIR Antwerpen and the Centre for Fine Arts of Brussels (BOZAR) are joining the Europe-Iran 'Artists in Residence’ Program' (EU-Iran AiRP) initiated by EUNIC, between Iran and seven European countries: Belgium, Austria, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Spain and Poland.
This exchange program exists out of two parts. The first part will be held from 1 - 31 January 2018 in Tehran, Iran. During a residency of one month a Belgian artist has the opportunity to work in Tehran and collaborate with an Iranian artist. During these four weeks, the space will be open to a local public of artists, students, and art critics. The program will end with a presentation. The second part will be held from the 15 February until 15 of March 2018 in Antwerp, Belgium. The same Belgian and Iranian artist will participate in the second part with a final presentation as well. The application is open for visual artists from Belgium and Iran, interested in site-specific practices and the socio-cultural context of Belgium and Iran. Applicants have to be interested in exchanging ideas and consider the participation in both parts of the project.
This open call is addressed to Belgian artists. Iranian artists please contact Kooshk Residency.
The residency for the Belgian artist includes:
- Accommodation and studio space for 1 month in Kooshk Residency, Tehran
- Logistic support during this period
- organization of a public event
- reimbursement of travel costs from Belgium to the residency and back
- per diem for one month of 850 euro
- 1 September - 30 September: open call
- 1 October: selection
- 2nd week of October: application visa
- 1 January - 31 January: residency for the Belgian artist in Tehran + presentation
- 15 february - 15 March: residency for the Iranian artist in AIR Antwerpen
- +/- 15 March final presentation at BOZAR
To apply, follow this link and fill the online application.