Come to Brussels and be dazzled by the intense and multidimensional sounds of a wind orchestra. On May 26, the Flemish amateur organization (Vlamo) organises the European Championship for Wind Orchestras (ECWO) in the Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels. During the 2nd European Championship for Wind Orchestras, the top wind bands from nine European countries will compete with each other. This exceptional gathering for enthusiasts of wind music is a unique opportunity to experience, celebrate and acknowledge the many facets of wind music.
Prior to the competition, on Friday 25 May, Vlamo and ECWO will organize an International Round Table Conference about the impact of music bands on (local) society.
The Line up for the competition is complete with nine participating orchestras:
• 09:00 : Orchestre d'Harmonie de l'électricité de Strasbourg for France
• 10:15 : Lillestrøm Musikkorps for Norway
• 11:30 : Unión Musical Villamayorense for Spain
• 13:30 : Rødovre Concert Band for Denmark
• 14:45 : Uppsala Blåsarsymfoniker for Sweden
• 16:00 : Birmingham Symphonic Winds for United Kingdom
• 18:00 : Harmonie St. Michael van Thorn for The Netherlands
• 19:15 : Koninklijke Harmonie Sint-Cecilia Rotem for Belgium
• 20:30 : Blasorchester Siebnen for Switzerland
22:00 : Award Ceremony