As part of European Mobility Week, BOZAR and Buskerud County are exploring solutions for sustainable automated transport.
On Thursday the 19th of September we look into the future, shedding more light on the latest developments in autonomous mobility at sea, inland waterways and in the city. How will they affect our transport systems, urban development and the way we organise our societies?
09:30 - Doors open for registration
10:00 - Welcome and introduction
10:20 - Keynote by Ketil Olaf Paulsen, Technical Director, Kongsberg Maritim
10:40 - Keynote by Piet Opstaele, Innovation Enablement Manager at Antwerp Port Authority.
11:05 - Panel discussion: Automated transport on inland waterways – what is the impact for sustainable cities and regions?
How can we use automation to connect Short Sea Shipping and inland waterways more efficiently to provide citizens with goods and services, and create green and liveable cities?
- Vegard Evjen Hovstein, CEO, Maritime Robotics
- Rik Goetinck, General Director, Port of Zeebrugge
- Ann-Sofie Pauwelyn, De Vlaamse Waterweg, project leader RIS – Smart shipping
- Ketil Olaf Paulsen, Technical Director, Kongsberg Maritim
12:00 - Lunch
13:00 - Project presentations by Norwegian and international stakeholders working on autonomy and sustainability: Ruter, VIAS, Volvo, Taxistop, NextFuture Transport, Maritime Robotics, COWI
13:50 - Coffee break
14:00 - Keynote by Gunnar D. Jenssen, Senior researcher at SINTEF, Technology and Society. Project leader of SmartFeeder, which evaluates testing of automated minibuses in Norway.
14:20 - Keynote by Easymile
14:40 - Panel discussion: Next generation automated vehicles
How can we explore the future of mobility together to design and implement an attractive, sustainable and user-friendly way to move people and goods?
- Arve Kirkevold, Norwegian Public Roads Administration, Project Manager for Smart Cities
- Olav Madland, CEO Applied Autonomy
- Marie-Hélène Noel, MIVB-STIB Director Strategy & Innovation
- Jan-Olaf Willum, electric mobility pioneer, advisor at NEXT Future Transportation and co-founder of GET NEXT
15:35 - Closing words
15:40 - Drinks and networking
Stands showcasing products, services and projects will be open all day:
- COWI, international consulting group, specialising in engineering, environmental science and economics
- The Municipality of Kongsberg
- Tinius Olsen Technical College
- The University of South-Eastern Norway
- Applied Autonomy