As Director of Marketing & Communication, you are responsible for developing a vision and a coherent strategy for the marketing and promotion of Bozar's cultural and institutional activities.
More specifically, the position includes the following tasks :
- As an invited member of the Direction Committee and in close consultation with the CEO, you support the long term goals, translating the artistic and the corporate vision into operational plans regarding marketing, communication, sales and branding.
- You develop strategies to broaden the audience through an innovative and inclusive approach. You dare to step outside the box of conventional cultural marketing by reaching out and engaging both digital and traditional platforms. You implement the digital strategy.
- You lead a team of thirty collaborators and ensure a good team spirit. You communicate transparently and clearly, and ensure an optimal flow of information to the team and you set priorities regarding budget management.
- You analyse the market and keep in touch with the artistic world in order to achieve the best possible result of the audience-oriented actions. You are an expert in media relations, promotion, social media, audience development, outreach and in taking care of B2B communication
- You accompany, motivate, advise and validate the various actions undertaken in the field of marketing and communication to maximise awareness of Bozar and its programme and to attract new audiences. To this end you work closely with the artistic managers and those responsible for ticket sales (B2C) and Corporate Development (B2B).
- You are able to build lasting relationships with public and private stakeholders to optimise our image. You actively work on broadening the narrative voice of Bozar. You have a special interest in the artistic and societal context and you integrate this into your communication.
- You coordinate and develop permanent audience surveys in a sustainable way. You evaluate visitor satisfaction and the evolution of visitor numbers and report both internally and institutionally. You formulate recommendations in this regard.
- You identify yourself with the cultural brand Bozar. You have a deep curiosity for the many forms of art and culture. You appreciate a good story that reaches the right audience.
- Your vision is notably public-oriented and you are familiar with the evolving marketing environment and the challenges in the sector.
- You have a digital-first mentality and understand how and when to connect people. You follow the latest ICT and digital developments in the field of communication and marketing and you know how to implement these through concrete actions.
- You are an inspiring coach and a motivating people manager with empathy. You cultivate openness, flexibility, inclusiveness, social justice and curiosity.
- You understand the urgency of responding to this transformative moment in the global cultural sector and you are connected to the consumer and business world.
- You are a strong negotiator, with a healthy dose of assertiveness
- You have a university education, or equivalent through experience, and a good knowledge of the common languages in the sector (NL-FR-EN).
- You have experience in budget management and data analysis
- A professional challenge in a leading cultural house, in full swing
- A full-time contract of unlimited duration
- A competitive salary package in accordance with the responsibilities inherent to the function
Send your application until 31/12/2021 to: Edwin Udding - HR Coordinator, Centre for Fine Arts, Rue Ravenstein 23, 1000 Brussels. Tel: 02/507.82.67. Email: email@example.com
Bozar is open to the diversity of applicants without distinction of gender, religion, skin colour, nationality, sexual preference or disability. Bozar aims to reflect the diversity of Brussels in both our staff and our visitors. It is Bozar's policy and practice as an employer to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of employment by prohibiting any form of discrimination.