The Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR) and Soul of Nations (Washington DC) are launching a call for participants (aged 18-25) interested to participate in a multi-layered artistic exchange project to take place in Belgium and the United States between September 2018 and May 2019.
New deadline : September 22!
Digital Natives is built around an artistic reflection on the accessibility of technology and the representation of minorities and women, historically and today online, explored through the prism of multiculturalism and cultural heritage. Selected applicants will be invited to take part in two residencies in The United States (November 2018) and Belgium (May 2019) and in several virtual exchanges and direct encounters and seminars with the Belgo-Italian artist Sophie Saporosi. The final result of the exchange will be presented in the framework of the Next Generation, Please! Festival and exhibition to take place in Brussels at BOZAR in May 2019.
Requirements for applicants:
- have an interest in videomaking, soundworks and/or storytelling, and in discovering new cities and cultures, as well as to talk/share opinions about what it means to be a woman with a migrant background.
- be between the ages of 18 and 25 and based in Belgium and be fluent in English and/or French.
- able to travel and participate in two exchange residencies to take place from November 2-15 in The United States (New Mexico, Arizona and Washington DC), and from May 17-30, 2019 in Brussels.
- additionally, Belgium participants will need to be able to participate in 4 to 5 workshops between October 2018 and April 2019.
What we are offering:
- the chance to participate in a unique artistic exchange project, meet new people, make new friends and explore the world of video and photography.
- the chance to travel for free to the United States, all expenses covered for 12 days (all travelling costs – plane ticket, accommodation, per diem and cultural programme covered through the project).
- the possibility to work extensively with Brussels-based artist Sophie Saporosi as well as to meet artists in the United States.
- a certificate at the end of the project testifying you’ve participated in this project.
How to apply:
If you are interested in participating, please send a letter of interest by email, mentioning why you are interested in the project (max 500 words) two photos (one portrait) and your biography/CV to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for sending your application dossier is SEPTEMBER 22, 2018!