BOZAR offers teachers and pupils a taste of the inspirational power of singing through the international Cantania project. Are you a teacher in primary education looking for a project that will sharpen children’s creativity, concentration, long-term memory and spirit of collaboration? If so, sign up for Cantania!
Over four days of training, you will be immersed in an unique musical composition and learn tips and tricks to help you to get your class singing in a fun way. We also look at vocal techniques by working on breathing, vocal placement and timbre. In the meantime, you will get to work in the class on the music piece.
On Saturday 8 May 2021, all the pupils and teachers of Brussels come together in BOZAR’s Henry Le Bœuf Hall for a festive final concert accompanied by the Belgian National Orchestra. A fun and educational musical adventure for pupils and teachers alike!
The strong points of Cantania
- Make students and teachers discover the pleasure of singing together
- Provides a fun group activity
- Improves the children’s self-confidence and well-being at school
- Encourages respect and open-mindedness towards others
- Strengthens the cohesion among pupils and also with their teacher (over the course of a year)
- Provides professional guidance and new learning tools for teachers
- Allows the teachers to adress a current topic with their pupils through a powerful story
- Teaches French or Dutch differently (the cantata is bilingual)
- Finishes with a festive closing concert at BOZAR with friends and families
For teachers in Brussels primary schools (3rd to 6th grade)
Application for participation: via the online form before 3 July 2020.
Questions, more info?
Sign up for a digital information session via Zoom by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday 10 June 13h00-14h00
- Monday 15 June 16h30-17h30
- Tuesday 23 June 16h30-17h30.
For a personal contact or information session, contact Wenke or Laurence via email@example.com.