‘Dirk De Wachter & Jan Caeyers’
Beethoven talks - online event
How do we see Beethoven, his genius, his music, today? Beethoven expert Jan Caeyers and psychiatrist Dirk De Wachter take a closer look at the composer, the man and his music and discuss the role of music today, in the coronavirus era, as well as in life in general.
Professor Dirk De Wachter is a psychiatrist and psychotherapist at the Kortenberg clinic, affiliated with KU Leuven. In his view, art is a fundamental part of human existence, more an existential necessity than something supplementary. This is why he is an ambassador of our ‘Art & Well-Being 2020-21’ season, which seeks to highlight the link between art and well-being.
Jan Caeyers is a conductor and musicologist who made his debut in 2010 at deSingel with a new Beethoven orchestra: Le Concert Olympique. His 2009 bestseller on Beethoven was named the ‘official biography of the Beethoven year 2020’.
Wednesday 10 February, 20:00 → 21:00
Follow the live streams on our Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- German Minister of State for Culture and the Media (BKM)
- Chancellery of the Prime Minister
- Belgian Federal Public Service, Foreign Affairs, Foreign trade & Development Cooperation
- Brussels - Capital Region
In the framework of
- the German Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- the commemoration year BTHVN 2020