‘Shoot, ladies!’ said Alice Guy Blaché, a pioneer of cinema, in 1914. A century later, female directors still enrich our vision of the world. They resist, invent, and break stereotypes in their films that shed light on other truths. As part of its annual festival, the association Elles Tournent organizes a round table echoing recent studies conducted by Sarah Sepulchre with the Belgian collective Elles Font des Films and by the French network Le Lab ‘Femmes de cinéma’. The German foundation MaLisa will look at the quantitative and qualitative representation of women in front of the camera. Non-European women directors present at the festival will talk about the realities in their countries.
We have the pleasure to welcome:
- Sarah Sepulchre (professor at the Catholic University of Louvain);
- A representative of the Collectif Elles Font des Films (Belgium);
- Lise Perottet (Le Lab, France) ;
- Karin Heisecke (MaLisa Foundation, Germany);
- as well as directors Flávia Neves (Brazil), Kaltrina Krasniqi (Kosovo), Zeina Daccache (Lebanon), Josefina Morande (Chile) and Cyrielle Raingou (Cameroon).
This round table will be offered in simultaneous translation FR/EN.
With the support of the Equal Opportunities Office of the City of Brussels and Wallonie-Bruxelles International (WBI).
Find the full festival program here !
Wednesday 22 March, 14:00 → 17:00
Rue Ravenstein 23 1000 BRUSSELS