Beethoven talks - online event
Unfortunately, the fire at the Centre for Fine Arts on January 18 forces us to postpone this event to the 02.02.21.
The famous French writer Mathias Enard speaks of his great passion for Beethoven in an online conversation with Gilles Collard.
The German composer featured in Enard’s novel Boussole, winner of the Prix Goncourt and translated into many languages. The novel describes the sleepless night of a fictional musicologist in present-day Vienna. The form is that of an interior monologue impregnated with memories, opium and a lot of classical music. Enard will also be talking about Beethoven as a writer and looking at the composer’s legendary oeuvre. The conversation will end with a homage to Enard’s favourite Beethoven composition, The Turkish March from The Ruins of Athens.
This conversation is part of the series From Ear to Here accompanying the BOZAR exhibition HOTEL BEETHOVEN.
Tuesday 2 February, 20:00 → 21:00New date
Follow the live streams on our Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- German Minister of State for Culture and the Media (BKM)
- Chancellery of the Prime Minister
- Belgian Federal Public Service, Foreign Affairs, Foreign trade & Development Cooperation
- Vlaamse Overheid
- Brussels - Capital Region
In the framework of
- the German Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- the commemoration year BTHVN 2020