‘La Nuit des idées’
Once a year, the Night of ideas (La Nuit des idées) offers a platform to discuss the great issues of our time all around the world. Conferences, meetings, round tables, but also screenings and artistic performances around a common theme will take place on the same night.
For its 4th edition in Belgium, the Night of ideas will take place at BOZAR around the topic of “being alive”. The theme invites us to a dialogue around the question of ecological balances and the relationship of man to the world and to other species, in the context of collapsing biodiversity. It highlights the questions raised by scientific research and technological change on the boundaries between man and machine as well as on the modifications of living beings.
7:00 – 8:15 p.m.: OPENING DEBATE “BEING ALIVE”
Moderator: Belgian philosopher and essayist Laurent de Sutter.
- 7:00 – 7:45 p.m.: Opening introduction by Bruno Latour, who will outline the main topic issues: What does it mean to be alive?
- 7:45 – 8:15 p.m.: Ann Veronica Janssens and Nathalie Ergino, co-founders of the Space Brain Laboratory, will present the Laboratory's multidisciplinary field of investigation: how can creation and research jointly contribute to this paradigm shift, and build a new way of looking at the world?
In collaboration with J.A.P. (Jeunesse et Arts Plastiques)
8:45 – 10:00 p.m.: MAN AND NATURE
- 8:45 – 9:15 p.m.: reading-performance: Camille de Toledo accompanied by actress Maud Gripon “Witnesses of the future”
- 9:15 – 10:00 p.m.: After the reading, Gilles Clément and Camille de Toledo will talk with Adélaïde Charlier (Youth for Climate) and Félicien Bogaerts.
Moderator: journalist Pascal Claude.
10:15 – 10:45 p.m.: MAN AND MACHINE
- P.A.S. company – Emmanuelle Grangier, Poppy + ∞
A dance and sound performance with a single dancer, a philosopher, two musicians and two Poppy Ergo robots, designed and built with researchers from the Flowers team at INRIA Bordeaux.
Thursday 30 January, 19:00 → 23:00
Rue Ravenstein 23 1000 BRUSSELS